Thanksgiving Travel Trips for North of Boston
5 Holiday Travel Tips
picture courtesy of David Porter
1. Weigh your bags! Most airlines generally allow checked luggage to be 50 pounds. An over weight bag could cost you quite a bit of money, so be prepared and weigh your bag before leaving the house!
2. Traveling with gifts? A wrapped gift is not prohibited, but if it sets off an alarm or gets pulled aside during the x-ray screening, you may have to unwrap your gift. If you are traveling with a gift, place it in your luggage or carry it on in gift bag so that it can be easily seen by TSA members.
3. Get to the airport early! Yes. Seriously. The number of holiday travelers always increases, thus security lines will increase. You KNOW there will be the family with 9 kids ahead of you, so plan ahead. If you let the airlines know you need a wheel chair in advance, they can usually accomodate you. The fewer things you have to do when you get to the airport the better.
4. Driving Thanksgiving night? The Massachusetts Department of Transportation is offering FREE COFFEE at all 18 service plazas between 10pm on thankgiving until 5am on on Friday, Nov 23rd. This is courtesy of Burger King, McDonalds and Gulf.
5. Driving on Wednesday? Plymouth Rock Assurance will be sponsoring FREE TOLLS at the Allston-Brighton interchange on I-90 between 3 to 4pm Wednesday, November 21st.
The holidays are a lot of preparation, planning and fun. With our Winchester, Mass location being so 'close to it all', we hope your holiday travels are quick and safe if you are traveling.
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!
Sven Andersen and The Andersen Team
Re/Max Leading Edge